It sucks when someone you have feelings for doesn’t share those feelings; it happens to women all the time, too. We hear “I just want to be friends” and “you’re like one of the guys” and “you’re like a sister to me” just as often. But you’ll never hear a woman complain that guys just don’t appreciate a Nice Girl because we’re taught it’s our own fucking fault when we’re rejected—we aren’t pretty enough or thin enough or sexy enough, we weren’t sexual enough or were too sexual, we put out too much or too little or too soon or not soon enough, we didn’t wear our hair the right way or our skirt the right length, we’re “too tomboyish” or “too butch” or “too feminine”, or we’re “not their type”, or we’re otherwise not good enough in various ways to entice the man to grace us with his affection.
But when we’re not interested in someone, we’re vilified. We’re the bitch that lead them on, the bitch who let them buy us dinner but didn’t want to date them, the bitch who doesn’t appreciate a nice guy, the bitch they were nice to and then got nothing in return from.
And, frankly, fuck those people. Showing interest in me, being friendly with me, getting close to me, or eating a meal with me (even if they paid for it) doesn’t obligate me to open my heart or my legs. And anyone who doesn’t appreciate my friendship sure as hell doesn’t deserve my love or my pussy.
mel (?!???) tagged me in this thingy~
Rule one: Always post the rules
Rule two: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 11 new ones
Rule three: Tag 11 people and link them to the post
Rule four: Actually tell the people you tagged them
1. If you were to give me one advice to go through life with, what would it be?
err, wow. that’s hard. i guess the best lifetime advice i can give is to remove negative things from your life. so if you have an old letter from your ex-best friend? burn it. someone in your life making you feel like shit? delete them.. from everything and never look back. still have your boyfriend’s old hoodie? donate it to goodwill. like seriously, it helps~
2. So a month has gone by in 2014, how has your year been so far, friend?
hmmm.. it’s been okay. too much going on in my home life so i spend most of my time out with my boyfriend or with friends so i can really enjoy being happy~
3. Are you in love?
very much so. c:
4. Do you think you waste the shit out of words?
uhh, no. i’m the type of person who refuses to waste her breath. so i don’t talk unless i know i have someone’s undivided attention. basically, i don’t have anything to say unless it has merit. (that is unless i’m drunk or with people i really trust because then i’m annoying and say random shit like “i wish dogs could drive” LOL)
5. Is there someone you’d like to be close friends with? Who is it/Describe them. (And as a challenge, if you haven’t already befriended this person, send them a message right now.)
i wish i was close friends with mel! LOL she seems really sweet and funny and easy-going and smart~ which is important criteria to being my friend hahah oh and she cute, i only hang with cute bitches~
6. What’s a book you would recommend others to read at least once in their life?
it’s a tie between fall for anything by courtney summers or hold still by nina lacour (like literally if you have had a loved one die or you suffer from depression, read them!)
7. What’s something you really want to accomplish by the end of this year?
by the end of this year i really want to have a good following on my writing blog and to have some work published~
8. Do you believe in horoscopes and personality types? What’s yours?
YESSSS. omg yes. i’m a libra and i have a INFJ personality. read a summary of those and it sums me up to a T i promise!
9. Do you prefer your real life friends or your online friends?
tbh if you’re my friend you’re my friend. not online or irl. and “irl” or “online” friends can treat you like shit and betray you equally and hurt you, etc. so i mean.. it’s even. i don’t prefer certain friends over another. c:
10. Did you break the last promise you made to someone?
i don’t make promises. just like i don’t lie to people. i don’t have time to keep up with a promise. but if you know me well you know that my word is solid
11. Are you content with the way things are now?
i’m not 100% content. but i can say school is going well and my friendships and my relationship so i can’t complain. (:
1) if you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
2) favorite childhood movie/tv show?
3) what’s the most important life lesson you’ve learned?
4) ist three things you like about yourself (without saying “i guess” or some shit like that)
5) what’s your biggest dream to accomplish in life?
6) if you had two kids (boy and girl) what would be their names and why?
7) what’s your fave line from your fave song?
8) if you could wake up knowing a second language, what would it be?
9) tell me about your best friend and why they’re so great to you~
10) would you rather be an actress, lead singer of a band, or a sculptor, and why?
11) did you know that if you’re having a shitty day you can talk to me and will hug you when you’re feeling down? (i’m practically everyone’s mom so it’s cool i’m down to help)
(can’t tag more because i don’t have 11 friends LOL aaaand too lazy to tell you guys i tagged you, you’ll get the notification anyway)
so my goals for 2014 are:
1) to convince my boyfriend to make a tumblr already omgggg i’ve been asking for 3 years
2) get him to do a couples tag video because torturing him is fun~
lol lexie got angry at Norwegian Wood but i liked the movie. c: need to read the book tho. on my list~